Sunday, July 25, 2010

Simon and Kelly: A Wedding at the Osthoff Resort in Elkhart Lake!

Simon and Kelly have been two of my favorite clients since I met them.  I have been so excited for their wedding, and the day was just beautiful!  The weather was perfect, and we had a full hour for portraits, so I was completely stoked. :)

Also, I got to work with my favorite DJ ever, Alan from Accent Events.  After I went outside with Kelly and Simon for some sunset photos, we came back to find that the power had gone out in the entire resort!  Everyone took advantage of the tons of tea-light candles and the bar.  A good time was still had by all, and... who needs power when you have cake?  :)

~J

DJ:  Alan Robb - Accent Events
Venue:  Osthoff Resort













Kelly tied her Dad's tie into a Windsor knot for the ceremony.  Such a sweet moment!



Simon's family is from Britain, and both of the Mothers looked ultra fashionable in their hats!  Simon's mother told me that hers is called a "Fascinator."  I've never heard that before, but I need to go buy one.





This is my favorite walking down the aisle photo, ever.  Simon is starting to say "Wow." here.  LOVE it.





Such a romantic and sexy first married kiss!



I love this family formal.  I had to do a silly dance, but I even got Simon's Dad to laugh!




 

We got special permission to shoot on the private property adjacent to the hotel.  I'm telling you... there's no better "pass" than a woman in a wedding dress. :)















This is a bad-ass wedding cake, if I've ever seen one.  Plus, Alan's up-lighting doesn't hurt!






The first dance wouldn't have been half as gorgeous without Alan's LED lights and up-lighting.  :)





It doesn't get much better than sunset on a lake!





After the power outage happened, they pulled out an iPod and started singing along to some Red Hot Chili Peppers.  What a great group!



And cake by candlelight. :)



1 comments:

Unknown July 27, 2010 at 4:37 AM  

These photos are so striking! What a gorgeous couple, day, details ... Wow! Love the lake ones, the soft purples woven throughout ... Beautiful!

OneWed Best of 2009 Award Winner

Search This Blog


Followers

Read all of our Wedding Photography Reviews at Weddings, Wedding Cakes,  Wedding Planning, Wedding Checklists, Free Wedding Websites, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Ideas & more

About Jennifer

I am based in Milwaukee, and I provide photography services for the entire state of Wisconsin. I also am available for destination weddings throughout the country as well as internationally!

I am a member of the Professional Photographer's Association (PPA) and the Artistic Guild of the Wedding Photojournalistic Association (AGWPJA).

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP