Saturday, October 17, 2009

Michelle and Dan - a West Allis Wedding!

Today was the bomb.

Michelle and Dan were married at St. Paul's Lutheran Church in West Allis, WI. We went down to the Milwaukee Art Museum afterward for some photos, and then off to the gorgeous Astor Hotel for the reception. The Astor is unbelievably gorgeous, and the location is fantastic.

Hair: Allure Hair & Nail Studio
Church: St. Paul's Lutheran Church
Venue: Astor Hotel
Flowers: Chamberlains Flower Shop
Dress: Savvy Bride
Cake: Aggie's Cakes
DJ: DJ's Unlimited

Here are a TON of my favorites from the day!

~Jenn

A little pre-ceremony-prayer:
1.
2.
3.
4.

I love these photos of the bridal party... they totally describe who they are. Women: Fierce. Men: Goofballs and trouble makers. Together: Total package.
5.
6.
7.

We had THE most amazing light today. And Michelle's veil was sooo long and fabulous!
8.
9.
10.

Did I mention it was really cold out? 'Cause it was.
11.

There go the fierce ladies again:
12.

Some lovely Bride and Groom portraits:
13.
14.
15.
16.

These birds flew by and Dan spontaneously kissed Michelle on the cheek right at the perfect moment. I almost died of happiness.
17.

This might be, straight up, my favorite Bride/Groom portrait of all time. The light was so amazing, I seriously want to cry I love this photo so damn much:
18.

Gorgeous Bride:
19.

The walkin' in the street shot:
20.

They had tons of fun details!! Michelle's Mom made the card box. Michelle is in graphic design and made the invitations, programs, and the table numbers are hand painted by her! They also had a series of their grandparents wedding photos framed on the entry table with a little note. Lovely.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.

The rings:
30.

The Astor is just gorgeous. I walked down the stairs and saw this room, and almost died.
31.

The first dance:
32.
33.

And we went onto the roof for a night shot of the city. Gorgeous!
34.


And did I mention also that I have a special place in my heart for Brides that make me a name tag? I love them and I collect them all in a little happy box. :)
35.


Thank you guys, today was wonderful! :)

~Jenn

18 comments:

Nick October 17, 2009 at 11:31 PM  

It's a crime you can't be at every wedding to create such beautiful pictures. Just amazing.

I'm such a bum for saying the same thing in every comment, but it's true!

Anonymous October 18, 2009 at 12:07 AM  

gorgeous photos. When I find a man...if it's in Oz..I may have to fly you out. Love it!

Anonymous October 18, 2009 at 12:15 AM  

2nd/7th/10th/11th/18th - favorites.
Michelle and Dan - Best wishes.
Peace & Happiness for always forever.
And Jenn - Claps for your clicks.
Keep clicking.
Cheers !!!

Lizz October 18, 2009 at 12:24 AM  

I must say that I may have to fly you out when I have my wedding so that you can be my photographer, this are amazing and I love every single one, I can't choose a favorite!

Dee October 18, 2009 at 12:55 AM  

Jenn, your wedding pics are soooo gorgeous. sigh. how do feel about Australia...?

GirlBoyGirl October 18, 2009 at 1:16 AM  

My favourite one out of the whole bunch is the second to last with all the city lights! Stunning.

starfish264 October 18, 2009 at 3:50 AM  

That black and white graphic theme they've got is absolutely beautiful! And they're a gorgeous couple - love the photo of just the two of them on the metal walk with the sea behind them - lush!

NJ October 18, 2009 at 4:24 AM  

Lovely photos. I especially love the one of the goofballs!!!

Jennifer October 18, 2009 at 6:49 AM  

I love all the photos- you are so right- the light is amazing!

And I feel that I have to note something- I LOVE that her favors said "Stay Classy". I dont know if thats a reference to Anchorman or just a coincidence. But at least when I saw it I got a giggle :P

Quincifer October 18, 2009 at 7:29 AM  

God damn I love your wedding photos! You capture everything perfectly every time!
It makes me wanna get married dammit!

Amanda October 18, 2009 at 7:38 AM  

you wedding pictures are so gorgeous! so are all of your pictures though, of course. if the day ever comes for me to get married, i will definitely be looking you up. i love your work!

Emmuh October 18, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

wedding photos usually bore me, but I'm addicted to yours. They're so great.

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ October 18, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

Seriously if I ever renew my vows or get married to someone else I want you to take my photos!

Unknown October 19, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

OMG, I freaking love your pics. LOOOVEE THEM! If I ever get engaged, youll be my first email!

Kendra October 19, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

That night shot is stunning!!! Not that the rest aren't ;)

Unknown October 19, 2009 at 2:13 PM  

Both the bride and groom were stunning. You are an awesome photographer!

a!k0 October 21, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

:) I think I just died in happiness...these pictures are to die for! Gorgeous... :)

Jenn October 21, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

Wow, thank you guys so much for the overwhelming sweetness of your comments. And to all of you who want to hire me when the time comes... Kick Ass! :)

OneWed Best of 2009 Award Winner

Search This Blog


Followers

Read all of our Wedding Photography Reviews at Weddings, Wedding Cakes,  Wedding Planning, Wedding Checklists, Free Wedding Websites, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Ideas & more

About Jennifer

I am based in Milwaukee, and I provide photography services for the entire state of Wisconsin. I also am available for destination weddings throughout the country as well as internationally!

I am a member of the Professional Photographer's Association (PPA) and the Artistic Guild of the Wedding Photojournalistic Association (AGWPJA).

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP